A few days ago my friend and ex -husband, Ryan, gave me a call and shared some bad news. Our pup of 14 years, Beuford, was “going downhill fast”. Ryan let me know that he will be putting our boy down within the next week or two. This is sad for us both, even though we know it is the kindest thing that can be done for Beuford.
For this post I’m going to celebrate our hound and all of his fabulousness by sharing a few things:
1. He is a black lab/basset hound mix. He is as goofy looking with personality to boot!
2. Amazingly, even with those incredibly short legs, he once – somehow – pulled an entire gallon bag of chocolate chip cookies from off of the counter and ate them. All.
3. He goes into strange barking/body spasms when he wants attention.
4. His love of walks is near or equal to his love of treats.
5. He had an incredibly adorable way of slinking off of the couch when you caught him on it.
6. When he sits he looks a bit like a seal.
7. He is incredibly loving and loyal and my hope is that as he drifts off to sleep, his last dreams are filled with treats and walks and love.