Goal: To create one piece of art each day for 365 consecutive days
After creating day 135’s more emotional piece, I decided I wanted to focus on something much less intense for day 136. I pulled out the watercolors with the intention of creating something bright and visually interesting.
Originally these pieces were one, 9 x 12″ watercolor. As I worked on the original, I felt pretty good about the red and orange design and felt equally satisfied when I was completely certain it was done. My certainty faltered a bit when later in the evening I pulled out my day’s work to share with the boyfriend, and realized I was not a huge fan of the piece. The bright reds and oranges that I thought were so obvious in the painting earlier now seemed overtaken by a lot of pink. What I first thought was a great painting now appeared cheesy.
I realized that salvaging the piece was my next clear goal and could probably be accomplished if I cut the work down and approached it as two new pieces. I pulled out my always reliable ink pens, hoping they would save the day.